ROCKWOOD AREA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS
Rockwood Athletic Department is excited about getting ready for the 2020 - 2021 sports season! In order to participate, please complete the forms listed below and return to the athletic office through email, drop off, or mailed back to Sandra King, Athletic Director.
Step 1 - Please complete the sport participation form Sports Sign-up Form, or call Sandra King, Athletic Director at 814-926-4688 X1103. Please click here RASD Athletic Sports Teams for an updated list of sports offered.
Each athlete must have a PIAA physical form completed (after June 1, 2020) by a PCP, MedExpress or another medical facility will perform physical examinations. Please note there are 6 Sections in the PIAA physical form. Section 1 - 5 are for the parent information and signatures. *Section 6 for the physical examination and physician signature (Section 5 should be given to the Doctor for health information).
The physical form must be completed and returned to your coach or to the Athletic Office in person, by email, or by fax before the mandatory start date of each sports season.
- Fall Mandatory Start date - Monday, August 17, 2020 (Varsity Football - Monday, August 10)
- Winter Mandatory Start Date - Friday, November 20, 2020
- Spring Mandatory Start Date - Monday, March 8, 2020
Click here PIAA Physical Form or PIAA Physical forms may be picked up in the High School office Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Print and fill out Athletics Policies/Equipment/Insurance paperwork and submit to the Athletic Office before the mandatory practice date for each season. Forms are available in the High School Office or Athletic Policies - Concussion - Insurance Form
- Each child must have a PIAA Emergency form completed to be given to the Head coach to be placed in the medical kit that is in the Head Coaches possession at all practices/games. The form is used in the event that your child would need medical attention during his/her activity and the parent/guardian was unable to be reached. PIAA Emergency Student Form.
- Every two (2) years, each athlete must have a Concussion baseline test completed. RASD currently uses ImPACT (Immediate Post Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) to assist in evaluating and treating head injuries. This test may be taken on any device that has internet access. More information regarding the concussion testing process will be provided at a later date.
- Please be sure to read the Rockwood Area School District Athletic, Health and Safety Plan. Rockwood Athletic Health and Safety Plan
- Any other questions or concerns, please email Sandra King at email@example.com or call 814-926-4688 x 1103.
Thank you for your continued support of our athletic programs.